Shockwave Therapy Knee Osteoarthritis
The knee is one of the joints most often affected by arthritic changes. The probability of developing knee arthrosis over the course of a lifetime is, on average 45%. Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive medical treatment that can be used to treat knee osteoarthritis. The therapy works by delivering high-energy sound waves to the affected knee joint. This shockwave therapy causes microtrauma to the knee joint, which triggers the body’s natural healing response.
Shockwave therapy accelerates the healing process in the body by stimulating the metabolism and enhancing blood circulation to regenerate damaged tissue. Strong energy pulses are applied to the affected area. These pulses occur for short periods of time, creating micro-cavitation bubbles that expand and burst. The force created by these bubbles penetrates tissue and stimulates cells in the body that are responsible for bone and connective tissue healing.
In many instances, shockwave therapy is most effective in cases where the human body has been unable to heal itself on its own. This shockwave machine activates the body’s natural healing processes. Treatment typically involves multiple sessions over weeks. The number and frequency of sessions depend on the specific condition and the patient’s response to therapy.
|Rated voltage||AC110V / AV220V||Frequency||50Hz / 60Hz|
|Current||5A Max||Operating frequency||01 – 22Hz|
|Transmitter heads||5||Working intensity||0.5 – 8.0Bar|
|Device size||405 x 360 x 160mm||Weight||14kg|
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of each foot and connects the heel bone to the toes. Shockwaves are directed at the area of heel pain to stimulate healing.
Tennis elbow is pain or inflammation on the outside of the elbow including weakness or stiffness. It is usually caused by injury or overuse. Shockwave therapy, where high-energy shockwaves are passed through the skin to help relieve pain and promote movement in the affected area.
Frozen shoulder involves stiffness and pain in the shoulder joint. Shockwave therapy disrupts the fibrous tissues to promote blood flow and also breaks up the calcified deposits in the shoulder and loosens the joint structures to encourage calcium resorption, decrease pain, and improve shoulder function.
Sciatica and Hip Pain
Sciatica refers to pain that travels along the path of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve travels from the lower back through the hips and buttocks and down each leg. Shockwave therapy promotes healing the tissue of sciatica and fast recovery from hip pain.
To replace the transmitter heads according to treatment requirements, ensure that the shockwave machine is powered off and disconnected from the electrical source.
This shockwave machine can give users the convenience of setting such as Adjustable frequencies, high voltage, count setting, and 10 adjustable strength setting Bar and this setting is adjusted according to treatment requirements.
Transmitter heads and Handle Holders
This shockwave is designed with a holder to place the transmitter heads and handpiece for each left and right side. This gives users the convenience of using the probe efficiently and makes it easy to operate while during the therapy.
Cooling Fan & Air Filter
The cooling fan on a shockwave machine is designed to prevent them from overheating during treatment sessions.
The air pump filter can filter the dust in the air during use, effectively improving the durability of the instrument.
The handle trigger button is designed to control the shockwave treatment while enhancing safety with its ergonomic design and gives support adjusting for energy level and strike times based on real needs.
Transmitter Heads Picture
How To Use The Device
- First, insert the handpiece connector into the host power outlet located in the front of the host.
- Second, connect the power cord to the host power port behind the host and then insert the plug into another end of the power socket.
- Next turn on the power switch.
- Lastly, select the corresponding functional mode in the system.
- The treatment typically takes between 5 – 20 minutes and the intensity can be adjusted throughout the session if required.
- Most people will need 3 – 5 sessions but in many cases, one session is enough to reduce pain considerably.
Shockwave Machine Maintenance
Maintenance Steps :
- Unscrew, remove the applicators for cleaning and the pipes inside need to be cleaned about 1-2 times a week.
- Drain water from the air filter after each use.
- After 2 million shots, the shockwave applicator exchange kits need to be replaced with new ones.
- When replacing the working head, please be careful not to lose the cylindrical metal inside the handle, otherwise there is no shock wave output. If it falls out, please put it back or replace it with a new cylindrical metal inside.
Note : All maintenance is to be performed with the power to the machine turned off and the machine unplugged.
Precaution / Caution
- Do not use it on the same part for a long time.
- If you feel uncomfortable, please stop using it immediately.
- Stay in the correct posture, especially sitting and sleeping positions.
Do not use a massager if there are the following conditions :
- Tumors, lung tissue, major blood vessels/nerves, or infection in the treatment area
- Epiphyseal plate, brain, or spine in the treatment area
- Coagulopathy including thrombosis
- Applying immunosuppressive
- Joint fluid seepage or joint replacements
- Cognitive/mental disorder or poor sensory function
- Pacemakers or other implanted devices
- Open wounds
1 x Host
1 x Handpiece with cable
1 x Power cord
5 x Transmitter heads
Others: The tools for maintenance of the handpiece
CE certificate indicates that this product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meet EU safety, health, and environmental protection requirements.
FCC certificate indicates that this product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meets regulated limits for ionizing radiation protection requirements.